History of Toyota (1950-1959)
|New Model Introductions,
Productions, Sales and Exports
Plants and Facilities
|1950||• Financial crisis/Labor dispute/Voluntary retirement.
• Toyota Motor Sales Co., Ltd. is established.
• Minsei Spinning Co., Ltd. (currently Toyoda Boshoku Corporation) is established.
|• BX truck and BJ Toyota Jeep (currently Land Cruiser) are announced.
• Production of SF compact passenger car starts.
|'51||• Creative Idea Suggestion System begins.|
|• Production of SG small truck starts.||'52|
|• RH Toyopet Super and RK small truck are announced.||'53||• Towa Real Estate Co., Ltd. is established.
• Corporate slogan "Good Thinking, Good Products" is established.
|• SKB small truck (currently Toyo Ace) is announced.||'54||• Main Technical Building (Technical Center) is completed.|
|• Toyopet Crown, Toyopet Master and Crown Deluxe are announced.
|• RK52 small truck (currently Dyna) is announced.||'56||• Toyopet dealerships start operations.
• Head Office test course is completed.
|• DA60 diesel truck and Toyopet Corona (currently Premio) are announced.
• First export of Japanese passenger car (Crown) to the United States.
|'57||• Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. is established.
|'58||• Toyota do Brasil S.A. starts operations.|
|'59||• Motomachi Plant starts operations.
§ Entries in blue refer to Toyota overseas operations.