History of Toyota (1960-1969)
|New Model Introductions,
Productions, Sales and Exports
Plants and Facilities
|1960||• Main Building is completed.
•Toyota Central Research & Development Laboratories, Inc. is established.
|• Publica is announced.
|'61||• Publica dealerships (currently Toyota Corolla dealerships) start operations.
• Total Quality Control (TQC) is adopted throughout company.
• Haruhi Plant (currently Haruhi Center) is completed.
|• 1 millionth Toyota vehicle is produced domestically.||'62||• Labor-Management Joint Declaration is signed.
• Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd. is established.
|• RK170B light bus (currently Coaster) is announced.||'63|
|• Crown Eight, FA100 and DA100 heavy-duty trucks are announced.||'64|
|• Toyota Sports 800 is announced.||'65||• The Deming Prize for major advances in quality improvement is awarded.
• Kamigo Plant starts operations.
|• Corolla is announced.
|'66||• Takaoka Plant starts operations.
• Enter into business partnership with Hino Motors, Ltd.
• Higashifuji Proving Ground is completed.
|• Toyota 2000GT, Hiace and Miniace are announced.
|'67||• Toyota Auto dealerships (currently Netz Toyota dealerships) start operations.
• Enter into business partnership with Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
|• Hilux, Corolla Sprinter and Corona Mark II are announced.||'68||• Miyoshi Plant starts operations.|
|• Cumulative exports reach 1 million units.
• Annual domestic sales reach 1 million units.
§ Entries in blue refer to Toyota overseas operations.