History of Toyota (1970-1979)
|New Model Introductions,
Productions, Sales and Exports
Plants and Facilities
|• Carina (currently Allion), Celica and Light Ace are announced.||1970||• First Japan Quality Control Medal is awarded.
• Tsutsumi Plant starts operations.
|• 10 millionth Toyota vehicle is produced.||'72|
|• Publica Starlet is announced.||'73||• Myochi Plant starts operations.
• Calty Design Research, Inc. is established.
|'74||• Toyota Kuragaike Commemorative Hall is completed.
• The Toyota Foundation is established.
• Nisshin Training Center is completed.
|• Cumulative exports reach 5 million units.||'75||• Shimoyama Plant starts operations.
• Prefabricated housing business starts.
|• Town Ace is announced.||'76|
|• Chaser is announced.||'77||• Toyota Technical Center U.S.A., Inc. is established.
• Toyota Kaikan Exhibition Hall is completed.
|• Celica XX (currently Supra), Tercel and Corsa are announced.
|'78||• Kinuura Plant starts operations.|
|• Cumulative exports reach 10 million units.
|'79||• Tahara Plant starts operations.
§ Entries in blue refer to Toyota overseas operations.