|New Model Introductions,
Productions, Sales and Exports
Plants and Facilities
|• Estima is announced.||1990||• Amlux opens.
• Toyota Motor Europe Marketing & Engineering S.A. (TMME) is established.
|• Windom and Aristo are announced.||‘91||• Yamanashi Housing Works starts operations.|
|‘92||• Guiding Principles at Toyota are announced.
• Toyota Earth Charter is established.
• Toyota Motor Manufacturing (U.K.), Ltd. (TMUK) starts production.
• DUO dealerships for Volkswagen and Audi cars open.
• Toyota Motor Hokkaido, Inc. starts operations.
• Toyota Motor Kyushu, Inc. starts operations.
|• 80 millionth Toyota vehicle is produced domestically.
• Supra, Scepter Coupe, Corona Exiv, Carina ED and Celica are announced.
|‘93||• Indus Motor Company Ltd. (IMC) starts production.|
|• RAV4L and RAV4J are announced.
• Annual overseas output exceeds 1 million units.
|‘94||• Industrial Technology Memorial Museum opens.|
|• Avalon and Toyota Cavalier are announced.||‘95|
|• Ipsum is announced.||‘96||• Genesis Research Institute, Inc. is established.|
|• Prius and Harrier are announced.||‘97|
|• Altezza is announced.||‘98||• "Toyota Auto" sales channel changes name to "Netz Toyota."
• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. (TMMI) and Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV) start operations.
• Tianjin Toyota Motor Engine Co., Ltd. (TTME) starts operations.
• Toyota Motor Tohoku, Inc. starts operations.
Tianjin Engine Plant starts operations
|• Vitz, Cami, Platz, FunCargo and MR-S are announced.
• 100 millionth Toyota vehicle is produced domestically.
• Annual overseas sales exceed 3 million units.
|‘99||• MEGA WEB opens.
• TMC is listed on the New York and London Stock Exchanges.
• Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Ltd. starts operations.
§ Entries in blue refer to Toyota overseas operations.