Through improvements of conventional technology, as well as pioneering efforts in the application of new technologies, Toyota is taking great steps to develop eco-cars which will help us become a low carbon society.
Mission for Technologies
Statements to activities relating to the development of key technologies.
Create vehicles that are popular with consumers.
- Provide world-class safety to protect the lives of customers.
- Provide optimization of energy/infrastructure to local communities.
- Putting high priority on safety and promote product development with the ultimate goal of “completely eliminating traffic casualties”.
- Deliver cars that will stimulating and even inspiring and that will thereby earn smiles from our customers.
- Addressing employees education under “Genchi-genbutsu” philosophy, which is to go to the source to find the facts to make correct decisions, build consensus and achieve goals at our best speed.
- Through true mutual trust with partners, contribute to development of new technology and improved expertise.
- Contribute for economic development of local communities with R&D operations functioning effectively in each region.
From hybrids and electric vehicles to fuel cell technology, learn how Toyota automobiles are the key for tomorrow's eco-driving.
Toyota has been developing various safety technologies by using different measurements towards realizing the ultimate goal of making a vehicle that is safe for everybody.
Intelligent Transport Systems
Even outside of the vehicle, Toyota is actively developing systems which make driving safer and more convenient for everyone.
What is the Smart Grid envisioned by Toyota?
Toyota proposes a comfortable and friendly living environment by making good use of renewable natural energy.
A behind-the-scenes look at Toyota's engineering workflow and overview of the j-factor and VIBRANT CLARITY concepts.