In 1959, the year after Koromo City was renamed Toyota City, the Motomachi Plant was completed at the first exclusive passenger car plant in Japan. Line off of the first 'Crown' took place at 8:08 a.m. on August 8, an auspicious time. In addition, line off of the 500,000th Toyota vehicle made the event even more significant.
The Motomachi Plant adopted a department organization, and the Motomachi Body Department and the Motomachi Assembly Department were established. The Honsha Manufacturing Departments were consolidated and unified to form the Honsha Plant.