Guiding Principles at Toyota
- Honor the language and spirit of the law of every nation and undertake open and fair business activities to be a good corporate citizen of the world.
- Respect the culture and customs of every nation and contribute to economic and social development through corporate activities in their respective communities.
- Dedicate our business to providing clean and safe products and to enhancing the quality of life everywhere through all of our activities.
- Create and develop advanced technologies and provide outstanding products and services that fulfill the needs of customers worldwide.
- Foster a corporate culture that enhances both individual creativity and the value of teamwork, while honoring mutual trust and respect between labor and management.
- Pursue growth through harmony with the global community via innovative management.
- Work with business partners in research and manufacture to achieve stable, long-term growth and mutual benefits, while keeping ourselves open to new partnerships.
Established in 1992, revised in 1997. (Translation from original Japanese)
Five Main Principles of Toyoda
- Always be faithful to your duties, thereby contributing to the company and to the overall good.
- Always be studious and creative, striving to stay ahead of the times.
- Always be practical and avoid frivolousness.
- Always strive to build a homelike atmosphere at work that is warm and friendly.
- Always have respect for spiritual matters, and remember to be grateful at all times.
We have compiled our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy: Contribution towards Sustainable Development, which interprets and explains the "Guiding Principles at Toyota" by taking into consideration the relationship we have with our stakeholders.