19th ITS World Congress Vienna 2012
EDMS (Energy Data Management System)
What is the EDMS?
EDMS aims at the realization of an energy system based on local production and consumption of renewable energy by connecting houses, convenience stores, schools etc, to traffic, thereby balancing power supply and demand. Based on weather and consumer behavior projections, the EDMS predicts solar power generation (supply) and the power required within the region (demand). If it is predicted that not enough power will be generated, the EDMS gives behavioral advice to consumers on how to reduce energy consumption and assigns points to specific lifestyle behaviors.
In this way, the entire community comes to a shared understanding of the local electricity market and incentives to prevent peaks in power use, thus lowering the carbon emissions of the region as a whole.
Verification of energy management in Toyota City
In the Toyota City Low-carbon Society Verification Project,
the EDMS connects 67 smart houses to demonstrate the environmentally friendly lifestyle of the near future in cooperation with local residents.
- Atoyota global vision
- BThe Future of Mobility
- CUrban Transportation System
- DTraffic Data Management System and One Mile Mobility System
・Harmonious Mobility Network Ha:mo
- ENext-generation Vehicle-Infrastructure Cooperative Service
- FVehicle-Infrastructure Cooperative Service in practical use
- GOur Ultimate Goal : “Zero Casualties from Traffic Accident”
・Integrated Three Part Initiative
・Pursuit of Real-world Safety
- HOur Ultimate Goal : “Zero Casualties
from Traffic Accident”
・Integrated Safety Management Concept
・Toyota Research Activities on Safety in Europe
- IToyota City Low-carbon Society Verification Project
- JA Sustainable Energy Society Made Possible by Smart Communities
- KEnergy Data Management System
- LOur approach to verification of V2H (Vehicle to Home)
- MPRIUS Plug-in Hybrid