|Engine type||Water-cooled, in-line 6-cylinder, OHV|
|Max. output kW(PS)/r.p.m.||-/105/3200|
|*||The specifications are those of representative model grades.|
|*||Max. output represents a net rating. In the above table, digits separated by slashes ( / / ) stand for kW, PS, and r.p.m., respectively.|
|*||The model numbers of these vehicles are FA.|
Although the exterior styling changed little except for the front grille design, the new Type F engine featured significant improvements over its predecessor (Type B), enhancing the output from 95 hp to 105 hp through changes in the combustion chamber design and compression ratio. As the 4.5-ton Model FA proved popular, it was remodeled into a five tonner called the FA5 in September. The FA5's wheelbase and vehicle length exceeded those of the BX by 150 mm and 430 mm, respectively. The Model BC/FC trucks, the upgraded versions of the 2.5-ton short-wheelbase BZ/FZ, went into production in March and June 1954, respectively. Production of the BA and BC equipped with the Type B engine was discontinued in February and July 1956, respectively.
In February 1956, the FA was slightly remodeled to become the FA60, employing the synchromesh transmission for the first time among large Japanese trucks, and widening the front grille. In March 1957, the truck came equipped with a newly developed inline 6-cylinder OHV 5.9-liter 110 hp pre-combustion chamber diesel engine, and was introduced as the DA60. The vehicle remained in production until 1964, adding improvements from time to time.
|Plant||Koromo plant(now Honsha plant)|